Tuesday 24 May 2022

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #430

Hello Crafty Friends! It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! For the next fortnight, our challenge will be


Here's my card


For my card, I used supplies that I received when I participated in the Crop & Create Delivered Cardmaking event, held March 25-27, 2022. Have you tried any of the virtual events - PinkFresh? Concord & 9th? Scrapbook and Cards Today's Crop & Create Delivered? Brutus Monroe? I have. They are wonderful. You receive a package of crafting goodies, usually unreleased and occasionally exclusive product and then have a series of incredible virtual classes. Yes, they can be pricey. However, if I were to attend if these events were held in person, I'd have to fly and book a hotel room. Those costs add up too. I think, during the pandemic, virtual events were awesome. I hope that virtual events continue to happen, even as the world opens up to give those, who live, not so close to the venues, the opportunity to participate. OK, off my soap box now! Back to my card!

For my card, I used PinkFresh Studio's Simplest Gestures stamp set, stencils (4 layering stencils), and die. I stamped the image with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. I added color with the layering stencils and distress inks (tumbled glass, salty ocean, blueprint sketch), applied with oval ink blending brushes. I then die cut the image with the matching die. I adhered it to a panel, which was natural - this was similar to the card that Laura Bassen showed us during the event. For the sentiment, I again used one of the layering stencils with distress inks (carved pumpkin, ripe persimmon) applied with oval ink blending brushes. Once ink blending, I die cut the sentiment and popped it up with dimensionals. I adhered the natural panel to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

We'd love to see your die cut &/or stencil cards in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.