Saturday 14 May 2022

Perfectly CAS ~ Challenge #27 - May 2022

Hello Crafty Friends! We have a new challenge at Perfectly CAS. Our challenge is


Here's my card


When I thought about the word "DISTRESS", I initially thought about a grunge look. However, that's difficult to do and keep the card, clean and simple. I feel distress, in the grunge world is opposite to clean and simple. So then, I thought about using distress inks. I definitely have a collection of those! LOL! I started by masking off a 1.5" band on a white A2 card panel. I added distress inks with oval ink blending brushes. I used picked raspberry, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, mowed lawn, peacock feathers, salty ocean and added the colors in rainbow order. I carefully removed the mask and let the distress inks dry overnight. I then heat embossed the beautiful image using Gina K Designs' Antique Roses stamp set with gold embossing powder. I also heat embossed the sentiment using Simon Says STAMP's Lot of Thanks stamp set, also with gold embossing powder. To complete my card, I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base.

We'd love to see how you are inspired by the "DISTRESS" word. Please remember to keep you card clean and simple and cover no more than one-third of the card.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Your colors with the gold is gorgeous. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.