Wednesday 13 October 2021

AAA Cards

It's so nice and relaxing to sit at my craft table and play with paper. It's definitely my "happy place". I found a challenge at AAA Cards and wanted to participate. Their challenge is to celebrate their 200th Challenge. Way to go AAA Cards.


Here's my card


Last weekend, I attended the virtual Crop and Create Delivered Cardmaking event. As part of our supplies, we received Gina K Designs' Mask Maker die set. For one of the cards we made with Gina K, she had us use the oval die with her masking magic. I saved that mask and reused it on this card. I placed the mask on a white A2 card panel and applied distress inks (barn door, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, mowed lawn, peacock feathers) with blending brushes. As an aside, I didn't think I needed blending brushes. I thought that ink blending tools worked fine for me. Well, I was wrong. The blending brushes are so much easier. I'm converted. OK, back to the card. I then stamped the image using Gina K Designs' A Beautiful World stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I then carefully removed the mask, saving it for another day. For the sentiment, I stamped it from Simon Says STAMP's Floral Bliss stamp set onto a scrap of yellow cardstock, which I trimmed down to a rectangle. I adhered it to my card and adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by

sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! The image looks spectacular against the rainbow inking. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win at AAA Cards. Please contact me to claim your prize - aaacardchallenge@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.