Tuesday 14 September 2021

Try Stampin' On Tuesday ~ Challenge #524

It's starting to feel like fall. Hoping for some more sunshine and heat - as long as it's not the extreme heat we had earlier this summer! 

It's time for a new challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Our challenge is this sketch, with the optional theme of patterned paper.


Isn't this a fun looking sketch? Here's my card


Looking at the sketch, it felt like I needed to make a celebratory card. So, birthday card it is. I started with the patterned paper that looks like asterisks in multiple colors. I chose my colors based on that patterned paper. I stamped the cake using Sugar Pea Designs Bring on the Cake stamp set with Hero Arts cornflower, lime green, strawberry, butter bar. I used the matching dies to die cut the layers of cake and the candle. I checked through my paper stash to find other patterned papers that went with my color scheme. For the sentiment, I used Your Next Stamp's Mini Monkey stamp set. I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of red cardstock and I die cut it into a banner with Avery Elle's dotted die set. I used a Sizzix circle die to die cut the circle from natural cardstock. I assembled everything onto a natural A2 card base.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.