Thursday 30 September 2021

Happy Little Stampers ~ October Watercolour Challenge

It's beginning to feel like Fall, here in the Pacific Northwest. The leaves are such pretty colours and yes, it's raining! This is when I'm happy to sit at my craft table and play with paper.

We have a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge


Here's my card


I was inspired by this card by Debby Hughes at Lime Doodle Design


I was so inspired that I HAD to purchase the Simon Says STAMP's Spring Blooms Background stamp. I placed the stamp (once I received it - LOL!) in my MISTI and added distress inks (speckled egg, wild honey, abandoned coral, scattered straw, peeled paint and dried marigold) on the stamp. I used the mini cubes and it was pretty easy to try to keep the flower colours on the flowers and the leaf colours on the leaves. I spritzed the inked stamp generously with water before "stamping" onto 140 lb Strathmore watercolour paper. I left the door closed on the MISTI for a bit to let the water and colour soak into the watercolour paper. There were a few places where I had missed inking up. So, I just added ink and repeated the process until I was happy with the results. I wanted the panel to be the star of my card so I added a simple sentiment strip with the using a stamp from Paper Smooches Salutations stamp set to complete my watercolour card, or faux watercolour card!

We'd love to see what you create with water.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Sue!! I love watching Debby too,as her work is amazing!! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. these cards so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.