Wednesday 22 September 2021

Retro Rubber Challenge #167

My favorite type of card challenge is a sketch challenge. Sometimes, I follow the sketch quite "literally" and other times, I take a little creative license. There is a sketch challenge at Retro Rubber Challenge and I just couldn't resist.


Here's my card


For my card, I started with a A2-sized piece of Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper. I used a circle acrylic block and inked up one side with salty ocean, peacock feathers and tumbled glass. I spritzed the acrylic block before "stamping" on the watercolor paper. I repeated the process a few times until I had an inked circle. I then made a mask from a larger post-it note using a circle die. I then stamped the grasses and dragonflies using Technique Tuesday's Wildflowers stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. While I don't remember when I purchased this stamp set, it was one of the first I purchased many many years ago. I see some people posted using this stamp set in 2013. I carefully removed the mask and stamped the sentiment using Poppy Stamps Peony Stems and Bloosoms stamp set. I trimmed the watercolor panel to 2.75" wide. I added strips of white cardstock that I had embossed with Provocraft Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder. I was looking for some texture but didn't want to distract from the focal image. For the black strip, I used EK Success Postage Stamp border punch and some black cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful! I like the clean look and the tranquility of your sponged sky with dragonflies. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.