Monday 9 August 2021

Die Cut Divas ~ August Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends! I'm here with a card for this month's challenge at Die Cut Divas. We're happy to have Altenew as our sponsor this month. They will be giving our winner a $20 gift certificate to their online store.

Our challenge this month is

WATERCOLOR - REAL OR FAUX

Here's my card


For my card, I used Altenew's Sketchy Floral stamp set. I heat embossed with clear embossing powder this large image onto a 140 lb Strathmore Watercolor A2 panel. I added color with Michaels' Artist's Loft Watercolor Pan Set, a brush and water. I started by adding water to the panel so that the color would move. I was hoping for a "messy" look where the colors moved outside the lines. I kept adding more color and/or more water until I was happy with the final product. My watercolor paper warped a bit from all the water so I placed it under some heavy paper to flatten it out. For the sentiment, I used a stamp from Altenew's Sweetest Peas stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. For my die cut, I die cut the sentiment using the smallest rectangle of My Favorite Things Inside & Outside Stitched Rectangle STAX die set. I popped the sentiment die cut up with some dimensionals.

We'd love for you to join us. Bring out the water and use paints, inks, markers. 

Thanks for stopping by

sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful look, Sue, and I love the colors you combined!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.