Saturday 14 August 2021

Addicted to CAS ~ Challenge #204

I hope you're finding time to be crafty! We have a new challenge for you at Addicted to CAS. For the next two weeks, our challenge will be


Isn't "FISHY" a great code word? Here's my fishy card


I started this card by inking up a square acrylic block with distress ink (peacock feathers, salty ocean, tumbled glass) and spritzing it with water before "stamping" the acrylic block onto watercolor paper. I repeated the process until the area was covered with color. I then spritzed the area with water. I let the water sit for a short while and picked up any excess water with a paper towel. I stamped the small fish, facing to the right using The Alley Way's Sea Mates stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a scrap of white cardstock. I added color with Copic Markers - BV02, BV13, Y17, YR04. I fussy cut the fish out. I stamped the fish, facing left using Simon Says STAMP's Best Fishes stamp set with black ink. I adhered the other two fish. For the "frame", I used Lawn Fawn's Say Cheese, Again die set and stamped the sentiment using Sunny Studio's Oceans of Joy stamp set. I adhered everything to a light teal A2 card base.

We'd love to see your "fishy" card. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Sue, I love the use of the photo frame for your card - reminds me of the wonderful beach holidays I used to take!
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Sue! I've never tried that technique of inking an acrylic block but think I should give it a try. The spritzed water gives the perfect effect for an underwater scene. The "fishies" are very cute - in all, a great card! xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.