Sunday 21 March 2021

Cupcake Inspirations ~ Challenge #515A

It's time for a new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. For the next two weeks, our challenge is a color inspiration - yellow, brown, black.


Here's my card


When I think of yellow and brown, I think of sunflowers. However, I don't own a sunflower stamp - shocking, isn't it! So, instead, I used STAMPlorations' Helenium Large which I stamped onto watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I added color using Copic markers - E25, Y17. I do realize that when using Copic markers, I should have used Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I was thinking that I wouldn't mind the black ink "bleeding" a bit or maybe I totally forgot that I was intending to watercolor this flower! Anyway, I like the finished product. To complete the card, I cut a black panel to mat the original panel and decided almost at the last minute, to set it askew. For the sentiment, I stamped it using Mint Owl Studio Banner Sentiments and die cut it using Memory Box's Pastry Labels. I used some black embroidery floss to "hang" the label. I placed everything on a kraft A2 card panel.

We'd love to see what yellow, brown and black creations you come up with.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Super pretty card 😊💐
    Congrats, hugs from Chile

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.