Saturday 27 March 2021

Addicted to CAS ~ Challenge # 194

Hi Friends! It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS. For the next two weeks, our challenge is 


I often seem to be looking for birthday cards, so I'm glad to see this code word! Here's my card


For my card, I used Stampin' Up's Just Believe stamp set. I used one of my favorite techniques for this card. I used my MISTI and inked up specific areas of the stamp with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers (Bright Yellow, Light Carmine, May Green) and spritzed lightly with water before stamping onto 96 lb bristol. I feel this technique gives the illusion of watercoloring without using a brush. I trimmed the panel down and matted with black. For the sentiment, I used Paper Smooches' Salutations stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

We'd love to see your "birthday" inspired cards. Please remember to keep them clean and simple!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

4 comments:

  1. I am delighted to be joining you as Guest Designer for this challenge Sue, what fabulous watercolour stamping, I must say that stamping platforms are such a boon for this technique!
    Just terrific!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled to see the birthday code word too Sue! Your card is beautiful. I remember when this stamp came out and I was so excited about it! Your marker-and-spritz technique has given it a lovely watercolour look. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next to Christmas cards, I make a lot of birthday cards... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Sue
    I love this card! This is a technique I haven't tried yet, but you've inspired me. xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.