Tuesday 15 October 2024

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #479

It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! For the next fortnight, our challenge will be 

Here's my card

I seem to need more and more sympathy cards lately. I guess that must mean that I'm getting to the age that parents of my friends or even some of my friends are passing away. I remember my mom telling when purchasing sympathy cards for her, few colors and simple design. I think I stick to that "style". I feel some calmness and peacefulness are welcomed when one is dealing with loss. 

For my card, I started with an A2 panel of 100 lb bristol and a circular acrylic block, approximately 2 3/4" in diameter. I added some distress ink - hickory smoke, milled lavender, tumbled glass smooshed onto the acrylic block and spritzed some water. I "stamped" the block onto the bristol, hoping to have it centered on the panel. I left the acrylic block for about a minute and carefully removed it. With a paint brush, I moved some color around until I was happy with the ink coverage. I let the panel dry. Once dry, I cut a mask from a post-it note and a Sizzix circle die for the bottom left of the circle. I stamped the silhouette image using Gina K Design's Wild Blossoms stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment using Simon Says STAMP's Flower Friend stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. To complete my card, I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base.

We'd love to see your "any occasion" cards in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by

sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.