Friday 9 August 2024

Die Cut Divas ~ Embossing with SheepSki Designs

With this new month of August, comes a new challenge at Die Cut Divas. Our challenge this month is

EMBOSSING - either Wet or Dry or Both

Our sponsor this month is SheepSki Designs. They will be sending our winner, three images of their choice. Thank you SheepSki Designs.


Here's my card. I did the dry embossing on my card.


For my card, I started with SheepSki Designs' Floral Heart image (which includes the butterfly as a separate digital image). I sized the butterfly and printed on my inkjet printer. I added color with Copic markers - BV04, BV13, C5, V15, Y38 and die cut the image using a My Favorite Things Stitched Circle STAX die-namics die. For the background, I used Spellbinders' Seamless Floral Background embossing folder with white cardstock. I added color to the embossed area with distress inks (wild honey, carved pumpkin, bundled sage) using small oval ink blending brushes. I trimmed this embossed panel to 5 1/2" x 3 3/8" and adhered it to a goldenrod A2 card panel with double-sided tape. For the sentiment, I stamped using Clearly Besotted's A Little Sentimental on a scrap of purple cardstock. I trimmed it to a fish-tail banner with a trimmer and scissors. I used tape runner to place the sentiment banner and butterfly element in place. To complete my card, I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base.

Looking forward to seeing your EMBOSSED creations in our gallery, here

Thanks for stopping by

sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous butterfly, Sue, and I love how you've inked the embossed blossoms!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.