Tuesday 20 August 2024

Try A Sketch On Tuesday ~ Challenge #653

Hi Crafty Friends! We have a new challenge for you at Try A Sketch On Tuesday. Here's our sketch.


Here's my card


I flipped the sketch upside down. Instead of stars, I used balloons and I figured balloons were appropriate for a birthday card. While, I didn't add a sentiment, per se, the patterned paper is full of sentiments for a birthday card - right? The patterned paper for the top and bottom pieces were from an American Crafts 6x6 pack. For the black and white oval piece, I stamped it using Pink & Main's Special Gift stamp on white cardstock. I didn't have an oval die narrow enough for this sketch. So, I improvised. Using MS Word, I added an oval and stretched it out and printed it. I cut it out and used it as a template for my stamped oval element. For the balloons, I used several of My Favorite Things' Birthday Wishes & Dies and vellum. I colored the backside of the vellum with colored Sharpie markers. It's a great way to get colored vellum, instead of buying all the different colors. I used a single strand of baker's twine for the balloon strings and didn't adhere the bottoms of the twine. I like how they "swing" on the card. I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you are inspired by our sketch in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by

sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to turn the sketch, Sue! Lots of pretty colors add to the party vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and fun birthday card, Sue! Love the added balloons and idea to color the back of them instead of buying colored vellum. I've done that a few times myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the idea of the vellum for the balloon, I will try to remember next time.
    -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice assortment of patterned papers and love the transparency of your vellum balloons... fun birthday card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.