Wednesday 31 July 2024

Die Cut Divas ~ Last Day with Scrappy Tails Crafts

It's the last day of our July Challenge. This month, our challenge at Die Cut Divas is

ADD SOME GLITTER

Our sponsor this month is Scrappy Tails. They will be giving our winner a e-gift card valued at $25. Thank you Scrappy Tails for your generosity.


Here's my card


For those who know me, this was way out of my comfort zone. I prefer making cards that are clean and simple, maybe even one-layer cards. A pop-up box, though - it was a fun challenge for me. For my box, I used Scrappy Tails' A7 Decorative Pop Up Box Craft Die. This die set included the walls and flaps of the box (in two pieces) and the pretty mosaic style tiles. I adhered the mosaic style tiles to pieces of yellow/orange glitter cardstock. For the walls of the box, I used Prima Marketing's Poppies stencil with distress ink (wild honey, carved pumpkin, mustard seed) applied with oval ink blending brushes on natural cardstock. Here's a photo of that.



The edges of the wall panels were stark white, so I lightly ink blended with some wild honey distress ink along the edges. For the pop-up items inside the box, I used Scrappy Tail's Flower Shop 6x6 Stamp set for the sentiment, which I matted with white glitter paper. The flowers were die cut using Poppy Stamps dies and colored with distress inks - seedless preserves, peacock feathers and wild honey, applied with small oval ink blending brushes. I cut strips of acetate, one end adhered inside the box and one end had the sentiment or flowers glued to it with a glue dot. It took me some time to figure out what to do and how to do it. I might try another, one day!

We love to see your glittery cards in our gallery. Please be sure to use a die-cut. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous box card, Sue!! You did such a great job, you might convert from CAS style - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your box turned out - so cute with those great flowers. I love how you decorated the bottom of the outside of the boxes too. Superb card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.