Tuesday 16 July 2024

Try A Sketch On Tuesday ~ Challenge #651

Happy Tuesday Crafty Friends. It's time for a new challenge at Try A Sketch On Tuesday. Here's our sketch


Here's my card


I took some liberties with my take on the sketch. I still have the circle element. Instead of the flower and leaves, I have a unicorn in a cloud. I just received this unicorn stamp - it's Taylored Expressions' Be U-nicorn stamp set. I stamped the unicorn with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock. I added color with Copic markers B24, BG05, C2, G05, R11, R29, Y15, YR16 and fussy cut the image. For the background, I placed Pink & Main's Make It Circle stencil over my white A2 card base. I added the clouds using Simon Says STAMP's Clouds for Days stencil, slightly changing the orientation of the clouds for each new level. I added color with distress inks - candied apple, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, mowed lawn, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set in the lower corner. The unicorn made me feel a bit of whimsy, so I added some shine with small die cuts using mirrored cardstock and Simon Says STAMP's Holiday Shapes dies. I also used a glitter pen for the end of the unicorn's wand.

We'd love to see your take on our sketch in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by

sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

4 comments:

  1. OMG, Sue, I love that unicorn so so much!
    --Dalis
    https://www.instagram.com/stamprgrl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, Sue! Kudos to you for taking artistic license with the sketch. Great coloring and the unicorn is just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cuteness and the circle stencil is fantastic for the background of your unicorn... love the colors and cloud affect used. Adorable and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, Sue! I love how you colored in your circle, so cool! And of course what a cute unicorn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.