Monday 7 February 2022

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #459

Happy Monday! It's time for a new challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Here's my card


When I saw the sketch, I knew that I wanted to use some bright colors. The weather has been pretty dreary here and I wanted to spice things up a bit. I started with a panel of white cardstock that measured 3 3/8" x 8 3/8" which is 1/8" shorter on each dimension than a regular slimline card. I knew that I wanted to mat with black cardstock that measured 3.5" x 8.5". I made three 2 1/4" square mats from post-it notes using a My Favorite Things Stitched Square STAX die. I positioned the middle mat and inked up the square using fossilized amber and mowed lawn distress inks, applied with an oval brush. I removed that mat and positioned the top mat and applied carved pumpkin and fired brick distress ink. Lastly, I removed that mat and positioned the final mat and applied salty ocean and wilted violet distress ink. I removed the mask. I then stamped the floral image using Gina K Designs Friendly Silhouettes and Versafine Onyx Black ink in the top and bottom square. In the middle square, I stamped the sentiment using a stamp from Simon Says STAMP's Furry Cat & Box 3x4 stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. To complete the card, I adhered the panel to the black cardstock, which I then adhered to a white card base.

We'd love to see how you are inspired by this week's sketch.

Thanks for stopping by

sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous bright and cheery card! You did an amazing job of blending the rainbow colors. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.
    :) Marie
    AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.