Sunday 6 February 2022

Happy Little Stamper ~ Stencil Challenge

Do you like working with stencils? I do for a couple of reasons. They are available at an affordable price (unless of course, you're purchasing layering stencils), are relatively easy to work with, they are easy to store (take up very little space) and sometimes makes it look like you have exceptional crafty/artsy skills. If you have stencils, we'd love for you to use one (or multiples) and join us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.


Here's my card


For this card, I inked up an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol with twisted citron, mowed lawn and peacock feathers distress ink, applied with an oval brush. I then placed Tim Holtz' Latticeworks Layering Stencil on top and spritzed the panel with water. The places where the stencil was, protected the inked panel while the open spaces were "faded" with the addition of water. I picked up any additional water droplets with some paper towel. I trimmed the panel down and matted with black cardstock. I also die cut the foliage with Penny Black's Flower Frolic die from black cardstock. For the sentiment, I used Simon Says STAMP's Lots of Thanks stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black. I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

We'd love to see your projects using stencils. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. that background is beautiful. I forget to use water like that with the stencil. Wonderful card
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.