Wednesday 9 February 2022

Die Cut Divas ~ February Challenge

It's a new month so there must be a new challenge at Die Cut Divas. The challenge is this month is

ANGLE IT

Our sponsor this month is Hero Arts. They will be giving our winner a $25 gift card to their website.


I wondered what to do for an "ANGLE IT" challenge. I decided on a Double Gate Fold Card as the front panel is "angled". Here's my card


I started with a piece of double sided tone on tone patterned paper that was 5.5" x 12". I scored the paper - mountain fold at 2" and 10" and valley fold at 4" and 8". I cut a triangle piece from both left and right edges that measured 2" across (to the fold) and 2.75" down. I flipped the triangles and adhered them to the bottom left and right of the front facing panels. For the main focal image, I stamped using Hero Arts Party Fox Stamp & Cut set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I added color with Copic markers - B02, E02, E08, R11, YG06. I used a Sizzix circle die to die cut the fox. For the sentiment, I stamped it using Hero Arts Just Rust ink and trimmed it to a thin sentiment strip. When adhering the circle and sentiment, I had to remember to only adhere it to the left side of the card (or else the card wouldn't open - LOL!).

I tried to take a photo of the card opened out. It wasn't too successful (we don't get to see much sun at this time of year) but here it is



We'd love to see how you "angle it". Please remember to include at least one die cut because well, we are Die Cut Divas.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.