Tuesday 9 November 2021

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #418

Are you ready for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!? Our challenge for the next two weeks is


For my card, I was inspired by a card that Caly Person created for the Crushing Cardstock class at Online Card Classes. I can't show that particular card but it was similar to this one that she designed for Simon Says STAMP.


Here's my card


Caly used dies to cut her strips. I just used my trimmer to cut 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" wide strips from a variety of colors of cardstock. I then weaved the pieces, in no particular order until I could cover an A2 panel. One tip that Caly gave was to use some washi tape to hold the vertical strips in place while you weaved the horizontal strips. I then used a glue pen to add adhesive to the back of the weaved panel and adhered it to a light gray A2 card panel. For the sentiment, I stamped out the "happy birthday" using Clearly Besotted's Many Mini Messages stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink on some light gray cardstock. I punched out the sentiment using Stampin' Up's oval punch. To help the sentiment pop, I used Stampin' Up's Decorative Label punch and some white cardstock and adhered it in place.

This was a fun card to put together. I'm not sure when the last time I weaved paper strips was - maybe it was back in kindergarten? That's a few years ago!

We'd love to see you birthday creations.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

3 comments:

  1. Wow these are amazing! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! So creative card, Sue. Love this idea and will have to give it a try. Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun and colourful! Great weaving job, what an awesome technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.