Saturday 6 November 2021

Addicted to CAS ~ Challenge #210

It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS. For the next two weeks, our challenge will be


It's my turn to be the host and I chose this challenge's code word. When I chose it (some time ago), I didn't really have an idea in mind or if I did, I don't remember it - LOL! Here's my card


I took a bit of creative license with this card. I turned the circles into birds. What do you think? I punched out the blue circles using 1 1/4", 1 5/8" and 2" circle punches. I also dusted off an old Stampin' Up punch, Two Step Bird punch to punch out the leaves. To add the illusion of depth, I inked up the edges of the circles and wings with Faded Jeans distress ink and an ink blending tool. I used scraps of a deep yellow cardstock to cut small triangles which I turned into beaks for the birds. I found some festive patterned paper and cut more triangles for the party hats. I achieved the rounded edge of the triangles, but die cutting just the bottom edge with a large circle die. I knew that I wouldn't be able to make eyes with a black marker, so I used my Crop-o-dile to punch out the two sizes of black circles, which I used for eyes. I decided to use a light blue for a background and I did use a thin black marker and ruler to draw the legs of the birds. For the sentiment, I used Technique Tuesday's Look Out World stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I adhered the light blue panel to a white A2 card base to complete the birthday (or bird-day?) card.

We'd love for you to join our circle challenge.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

5 comments:

  1. Your chubby little long-legged birds are so cute Sue and what a creative way to use the code word! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. those birdies are so super-clever ... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These "circle" birds are TOO CUTE! What a fun card, and great challenge choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is such a sweet card! xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.