Tuesday 3 September 2024

Try A Sketch On Tuesday ~ Challenge #654

Happy Tuesday Crafty Friends. We have a new challenge at Try A Sketch On Tuesday that we hope will inspire you to get crafty. Here is the sketch


Here's my take on the sketch


For my card, I started with some kraft cardstock and ink blended some ground expresso and gathered twigs distress ink randomly with oval ink blending brushes. I then die cut the wreath using Elizabeth Craft Designs' Twiggy Things dies. I die cut the flower layers using a light green cardstock. I added some picked raspberry distress ink to the edges with a small ink blending brush. I die cut the leafy element using green cardstock and added some peeled paint distress ink with an oval ink blending brush. I lightly cupped each flower layer and glued each layer of the flowers together, slightly off-setting the petals. I found some brown tone-on-tone patterned paper and used a strip for the horizontal element. For the sentiment, I ink blended some more picked raspberry distress ink to the same green cardstock as the flowers. I then stamped the sentiment using Clearly Besotted's A Little Sentimental stamp set. I cut the cardstock to a small rectangle. I added a small enamel dot to the sentiment strip. I glued the elements to a natural A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see your take on our sketch in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by

sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

2 comments:

  1. Clean and simple and beautiful... love the soft colors and the circle frame you used. Very nice interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a soft, lovely thank you card, Sue! Love how you created your flowers too...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.