Wednesday 6 September 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ September Stencil Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends. We have a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge for you.


Here's my card


It's a birthday card that I made with Pretty Pink Posh's Layered Candles stencils. I used Post-it Tape to mask off other rows of candles, as I only wanted one row of candles for my card. I used my Wendy Vecchi's Make Art STAYtion to hold my white A2 card panel in place, as well as the stencils. I added color to the candles with distress inks - wilted violet, blueprint sketch, mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers, cracked pistachio, mowed lawn, applied with oval ink blending brushes. For the base of the candles, I used a light hand and for the stripes, triangles, polka dots, I used more ink and a heavier hand. Basically, each candle has a tone-on-tone look. For the flames, I used mustard seed distress ink, applied with an oval ink blending brush. Layering stencils make is so much easier to add specific colors in specific places without additional masking. Genius! For the sentiment, I used Clearly Besotted's A Little Sentimental with gold embossing powder. To complete my card, I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base.

We'd love to see your stencilled creations in our gallery this month. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.