Tuesday 5 September 2023

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #454

A friend of mine recently became a grandmother for the second time. I wanted to make a card for her daughter, the mother of the baby. My timing was perfect because the next challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! is


Here's my card


I made this card while away at a craft retreat. I had stamped and colored in the image before leaving as I wasn't taking any markers with me. The image is by Pretty Pink Posh and is from the Little One stamp set. I stamped the baby rattle with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used Copic markers in baby boy colors, for baby Finn. I used B12 and BG23. I fussy cut the rattle and struggled a bit with cutting out the little open space in the rattle's handle. I glued the rattle to a square of light teal cardstock and then adhered it to a blue A2 card panel. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Gina K Design's Powder Blue ink. To complete my card, I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base. After I completed my card, I found out that my table mate had her We R Makers Crop-A-Dile with her and I could have used it to punch out the center of the rattle's handle. Oh well, handmade is better than Hallmark - right (to quote Jennifer McGuire)?

We'd love to see your "any occasion" card in our gallery this fortnight.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.