Friday 22 September 2023

AAA Cards ~ Challenge #249

I noticed that AAA Cards is holding a design team call and their current challenge is

SKIES, GALAXIES, PLANETS, ETC

Here's AAA's Mood Board for inspiration

I couldn't resist. I love clean and simple cards and I had an idea. Here's my card


For my card, I used My Monthly Hero Kit December 2022 (Hero Arts). For the background, I started by randomly ink blending using distress inks - mustard seed, picked raspberry, peacock feathers and oval ink blending brushes on a white A2 card panel. I then stamped the background stamp using Concord & 9's Midnight ink. I used my MISTI and had to stamp a few times to get good coverage. I like how the ink blended colors peek through. I stamped the astronaut on the star and the star "contrails" using the Kit's stamp set and Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I added color with Copic markers - B12, B24, BG10, C2, E25, E33, E50, R11, RV23, Y06, Y15. I used the complementary dies to die cut the images. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set on a white A2 card panel with Concord & 9's Midnight ink. I die cut the background using a My Favorite Things Stitched Square STAX die-namics die. I adhered the background with double-sided tape to the white card panel and glued the star "contrail" and astronaut on the star to the background square. To complete my card, I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty Sue, Thank you for playing at the AAA Cards Challenge and Good Luck with the DT call, I look forward to your next card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the background and the little girl is adorable! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool sky and love your astronaut girl, she certainly is a STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of layering and blending to get your background. Your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for your willingness to join our design team and good luck. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.