Tuesday 26 July 2022

Try Stampin' On Tuesday ~ Challenge #566

It's early Tuesday morning so it's time for a new challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Here's the sketch for the next fortnight.


Optional theme: Polka dots

Here's my card


While I didn't deliberately include polka dots on my card, I am noticing that the small strip of patterned paper does have dots. I guess I inadvertently included polka dots on my card - LOL! I started with Altenew's Weekend Doodles stamp set. I stamped one of the images with Versafine Onyx Black on Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper. I added color with a water brush and distress inks (abandoned coral, mustard seed, speckled egg, mowed lawn). I smooshed some distress ink on a plastic mat and picked up the color with the water brush. I trimmed the panel down to 2 3/4" x 4". I matted the watercolor panel with black. I checked my stash of patterned papers and found this patterned "dots" paper. I cut a 1 1/2" x 4 1/4" strip for the bottom of the card. For the left border of the watercolor panel, I used Stampin' Up's Scallop Trim border punch with black cardstock. I adhered everything to a light pink A2 card base. The sentiment uses Clearly Besotted's Many Mini Messages stamped on a scrap of yellow cardstock. I punched it out using Stampin' Up's Oval punch. I used double sided tape to glue the A2 panel to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by this fortnight's sketch.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Sue, what a beautiful card! It feels so whimsical with the clean stamped image water colored in fun pastel shades! Yes, you definitely can count those surprise polka dots :-) -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.