Saturday 23 July 2022

Addicted to CAS ~ Challenge #225

Hi Crafty Friends! We have a new challenge for you at Addicted to CAS


Isn't "NAUTICAL" a great code word? It certainly made me think. I looked through my stamps to see if I had anything that would work. I found a Lawn Fawn stamp set called Float My Boat. Here's my card


I stamped the sailboat with Gina K's Soft Stone ink on a scrap of white cardstock. I fussy cut it out. I found some striped patterned paper and stamped the sailboat on it, again with Gina K's Soft Stone ink and fussy cut the sails. I glued the sails to the original sailboat on the white cardstock. For the waves, I used one of Sizzix - Stephanie Barnard's Border dies and some blue cardstock. To add a bit of dimension to the waves, I ink blended using blueprint sketch and salty ocean distress inks, added with an oval ink blending brush. I adhered the waves to a light blue A2 card panel and tucked the sailboat behind the waves. For the sentiment, I used the same stamp set and again with Gina K's Soft Stone ink, stamped the sentiment near the bottom of my card. I adhered the card panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see your "NAUTICAL" creations in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card,love how you made the striped sails and the waves are just perfect,beautifully coloured with great dimension and love the sentiment.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.