Tuesday 12 July 2022

Try Stampin' On Tuesday ~ Challenge #564

Hoping your summer so far hasn't been too hectic for you and that you're finding time to craft at your craft table. I love spending time playing with paper. It makes me so happy!

We have a new challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday


I pushed myself to use both the sketch and the inspiration phrase "SHINE". Here's my card


I started with Unity Stamps' Glowing & Beautiful stamp set, 140 lb Strathmore watercolor paper and Versafine Onyx black ink. I made sure that the ink had dried before watercoloring. I added the yellow using Mustard Seed distress ink, applied with a water brush. The actual stamp was a bit too large for the black circle, so I fussy cut the bulbs out and adhered it to the black circle, die cut with a Sizzix circle die. I found some patterned paper that went with the yellow of the bulbs. For the sentiment, I used two different stamp sets (one word from each), The Alley Way - an unnamed stamp set and Craftin' Desert Diva's Treasure Trolls stamp set stamped with Versafine Onyx black ink on a strip of yellow cardstock. I adhered everything to a light gray A2 card panel which was then glued to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

We'd love to see your creations in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Sue! Those bulbs are the perfect take on our "shine" theme, and such a great take on the sketch! Love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, cute card with the lightbulbs being your "shine" theme! I love Versafine Tuxedo Black ink... it gives such sharp deep black images! Great inspiration for our TSOT friends!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.