Tuesday 26 July 2022

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #483

I was away for the weekend so I'm a day late for the new challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Here's our sketch 


Here's my card


Going to be honest here, I struggle with layers. I'm much happier making clean and simple cards - maybe even one layer cards! However, with these sketches, it's "interesting" to challenge oneself and push outside our own comfort levels, once in awhile! I started with the floral die cut which was made with PinkFresh Studio's Peony Fantasy stamp set, layering stencils and dies. I stamped and heat embossed the flower with gold embossing powder. I added color with the stencils and distress inks (fossilized amber, spun sugar, abandoned coral, picked raspberry, twisted citron, mowed lawn) applied with oval ink blending brushes and then die cut it. I searched through my collections of 6x6 paper packs looking for something with similar colors. I chose 4 patterned papers and cut them according to the sketch. For the sentiment, I used Your Next Stamp's Mini Monkey stamp set, stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink on a scrap of white cardstock. I trimmed it down and punched a small hole with my Crop-o-dile. I made a nest of silver thread for under the flower and added silver cord for the upper detail and tag holder. I adhered the pieces to a light gray A2 card panel which was then adhered to a white A2 card panel to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by this week's sketch.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.