Saturday 9 July 2022

Die Cut Divas ~ Christmas in July Challenge

Typically at this time of year, it would be refreshing to think about Christmas. However, this summer, it hasn't felt like summer at all, well, except for 3 days! It's been cool and rainy - kind of typical weather for spring in the Pacific Northwest. We're all wondering if summer will ever come. The three day teaser just doesn't seem right!

Nonetheless, it's time for our July Challenge at Die Cut Divas. Our challenge is, yup, you guessed it, 

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Our sponsor this month is Elizabeth Craft Designs, who will be giving our winner at $25 gift certificate for their shop.


Here's my card


For my card, I was inspired by the northern lights. Seeing the northern lights is definitely on my bucket list. I started with a white A2 card panel. With some mini distress ink cubes (kitsch flamingo, wilted violet, salty ocean, chipped sapphire), I did direct ink to paper and moved the ink cube from the bottom towards the top to try to mimic the northern lights. To darned the sky, I used black soot distress ink and ink blended with an oval ink blending brush. For the forest, I die cut a bunch of trees using Elizabeth Craft's Winter Scenery die set and black cardstock. I glued the trees to give the illusion of a forest. For the sentiment, I heat embossed with silver embossing powder and Simon Says STAMP/Clearly Besotted's Magical Christmas stamp set. 

We'd love to see your Christmas in July creations in our gallery this month.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. I love those northern lights you created with your forest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.