Monday 11 July 2022

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #481

Yeah! I think that summer has finally arrived here in the Pacific Northwest. I was starting to wonder if we would ever have sunny, warm days. I mean we did have three sunny, warm days but that was a couple of weeks ago. Since then, it's been cool and cloudy, if not rainy!

It's not really crafting weather when it's so nice out. However, I do love to play with paper. We have a new challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, that we hope will inspire you.


Here's my card


For my card, I started with Ellen Hutson's Essential by Ellen's So Matcha stamp set. I love this little Japanese girl. I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on some white cardstock. I added color with Copic markers - BG13, E02, E41, R32, V15 and fussy cut her out. For the background, I used Clearly Besotted's My Bam-boo stencil and Simon Says STAMP's Waves & Hills stencil (on top of one another) and distress inks (mowed lawn, tumbled glass, bundled sage applied with oval ink blending brushes. I die cut the photo frame with Lawn Fawn's Say Cheese, Again dies from white cardstock. The sentiment uses Waffle Flower's Konnichiwa stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. In case you're wondering, the Japanese characters spell out "arigato", which does translate to "thanks". I found some pink patterned paper which I placed behind the photo frame and focal image. I adhered everything to a kraft A2 card panel, which was then glued to a white A2 card base to complete the card. 

We'd love to see how you were inspired by our sketch by joining our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.