Sunday 20 November 2016

Muse Challenge #192

Found some time to play over at Muse Card Club where this week's Muse is Tracey McNeely. Her card is beautiful



I didn't know what to do. I don't own any feather stamps. Then I went to my local scrapbook store, and found The Crafters Workshop Mini Fancy Feathers stencil. Here's my card


I was inspired by the:
- orange/yellow background feather
- gold outline/vein feather
- scripty "happy"
- gold strip on right
- general sketch

Using a pencil, I outlined the feather on scrap paper and then cut it out to use as a mask for mustard seed and spiced marmalade distress inks, applied with daubers. Using a gold sparkle gel pen, I traced around the stencil to mimic the veining of the feather. Here's a close-up.



The happy is a die cut from Memory Box - Paintbrush Happy and the "for you" is from Simon Says STAMP Happy stamp set. A gold strip completes this card.

Thanks for visiting
sue

2 comments:

  1. I love that you were able to design using a stencil! Fabulous and great use of the sparkle pen! A+ for creativity! Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and subtle take on the Muse card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.