Sunday 6 November 2016

Muse Card Challenge #190

Joining in at Muse, where the Muse card was created by Estelle TBT.

 


I'll be honest. I was going to skip this week because I really didn't know what to do. I kept coming back to stare at Estelle's card.

I was inspired by:
- the woodgrain background
- the triple die cut - grey, pink, dark red
- bow
- single word sentiment
- basic sketch/layout of card

This is what I came up with




I started by inking up a piece of cardstock with distress inks (hickory smoke, spun sugar, fired brick) and ink blending tools. I then used the Simon Says STAMP Heart of Roses die to die cut the heart.  So instead of having 3 die cuts, I used all three colours for my die cut. For the background, I used an embossing folder to create the woodgrain.  I moved the bow to the top of the heart. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Thanks stamp set.

Thanks for visiting
sue

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Sue!!!
    I so love your pretty and delicate heart and the soft color gradation.
    I'm glad you gave a second look to my card ;-)
    Thank you so much for playing along with my Muse Challenge.
    Estelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful card! Love the shaded die cut! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sue. Love the way the heart is colored. Wonderful interpretation of Estelle's card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you were inspired by Estelle! Gorgeous inked heart, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blending on the heart, very effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.