Sunday 31 March 2024

AAA Cards ~ Challenge #262

It's time for a new challenge at AAA Cards. Here's our sketch that we hope will inspire you.


I struggled with this sketch. This is what I ended up.


For my card, I masked an area 1 3/4" x 3 3/8" in the bottom left corner and I added another section, 1 1/4" x 5/8" on a white A2 card panel. I used my Wendy Vecchi's Make Art STAYtion and Simon Says STAMP's Waves stencil. I added color with distress inks - Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, applied with oval ink blending brushes. I carefully removed the mask. For the star of my card, I stamped it using Your Next Stamp's Snorkel Fun Penguin on a scrap of white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I added color with Copic markers BG13, R05, Y17 and fussy cut the image out. I glued it in place. For the sentiment, I used the same stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I adhered the white A2 card panel to a white A2 card base with double-sided tape to complete my card. Looking back at my card, I'm thinking that I should have just stenciled the rectangle and the sentiment, sticking out might have been enough to adhere to the sketch. Thoughts?

We'd love to see your cards in our gallery this fortnight.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

2 comments:

  1. adorabel card Sue, loe your take on our sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Its CAS and cute and a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.