Tuesday 6 February 2024

Try A Sketch On Tuesday ~ Challenge #640

For me, there is not much better than paper crafting. On those dark and rainy days, here in the Pacific Northwest, I just love playing with paper and glue. If you're looking for some inspiration, we have a new challenge at Try A Sketch on Tuesday


Here's my card


For my card, I started with a 4 1/4" square white cardstock panel and a circle mask that I created from a large post-it note and a Sizzix circle die. I placed the mask on the cardstock and added color in the center with distress inks (picked raspberry, wilted violet, blueprint sketch) with oval ink blending brushes. I carefully removed the mask and added Perfect Pearls to the inked area. I then passed the panel with the We R Memory Keepers Next Level - Geometric embossing folder through my BigShot. I used a strip of purple cardstock from my stash to stamp the sentiment using Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments stamp set. I used a Memory Box Cherub Heart die to die cut the pink heart. I glued the pieces in place and adhered the panel to a white 4 1/4" square card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch. You can show us by adding your creation to our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty, Sue! I love the soft colors with the rich texture. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool with the embossing over the inked circle - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love the masking technique and the added Perfect Pearls! That embossing folder is amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your masking for your beautiful colored circle and the add of perfect pearls. And the geometric embossing was perfect. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of embossing over that beautiful ink blend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, I had to let you know that your card is so clever! That dry embossed cardfront with the blended circle is so cool!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.