Sunday 4 February 2024

AAA Cards ~ Challenge #258

There is something very calming and relaxing about clean and simple (CAS) cards. I guess that's why I enjoy making them so much. Don't get me wrong, the multi-layer or mixed media or other non-CAS cards can be beautiful and stunning. It's just not me. 

So, if you're like me or want to try something different, we have a new challenge at AAA Cards for you.


Here is my one-layer card


For my card, I started by masking off an area 1 1/2" x 5 1/8" and a white A2 card base. Using my Wendy Vecchi's Make Art STAY-tion, my STAMPlorations Placid stencil and distress inks (cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, salty ocean, mermaid lagoon) applied with oval ink blending brushes, I added the "column" of color. I randomly stamped the fish, as well as the sentiment, using Simon Says STAMP's Best Fishes stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch by adding your creation in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

2 comments:

  1. awesome take on our sketch Sue, love the little fishies

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab take on the sketch, it truly is CAS but really effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.