Wednesday 31 August 2022

Happy Little Stampers ~ September Watercolour Challenge

It's quite astounding that it's actually September. What happened to summer? It feels like it was just June. I think that I must have missed July and August. Nonetheless, it's time for our new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.


Here's my card


I was looking through Pinterest and with Google to find something different. Of couurse, I can't find my inspiration now. However, what I did basically is ink lift with a die cut. I'll start from the beginning. I started with an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol. I used the direct ink to paper method using Gina K Designs' Blue Denim, Blue Raspberry, Turquoise Sea. I then die cut with Memory Box's Zinnia Bouquet and some scrap white cardstock. I generously spritzed the die cut with water then applied it to the inked bristol. I then placed the panel and die cut in a copy paper folder (just a sheet of copy paper folded in half) and ran it through my die cut machine. I opened the copy paper folder and carefully removed the die cut, which had absorbed color from the inked bristol panel. The result is this "ghosted" look. Cool, eh? I trimmed the panel down and adhered it to a blue A2 card panel. For the sentiment, I used Clearly Besotted's Sentimental Type and die cut it using My Favorite Things Skinny Strips die set. I adhered the blue panel to a white card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see your watercolour creations. You don't need to be an artist whose works are displayed in the Louvre. If you are, fabulous. We're looking for creations where water is used. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Love the background.. So beautiful colour gradient..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fun technique Sue! So eye catching with your lovely choice of colours. It’s always good to get a bonus twofer card too!! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.