Friday 2 September 2022

Happy Little Stamper ~ September Birthday Challenge

It's time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge


Here's my card


When I saw the Layered Candles Stencils from Pretty Pink Posh, I just had to have them. I tried to color each candle somewhat individually with post-it notes to try to contain the color. Some places worked better than others. I used many distress ink colors - cracked pistachio, lucky clover, salvaged patina, peacock feathers, tumbled glass, salty ocean, shaded lilac, wilted violet, saltwater taffy worn lipstick, carved pumpkin, ripe persimmon, dried marigold, wild honey, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, all applied with oval ink blending brushes. Perhaps, I need to invest in mini ink blending brushes which would help to contain the color better. For the sentiment, I used Unity Stamps Say It Big dies. I die cut the words with light gray cardstock and the shadow with vellum. I didn't want to cover up too much of my ink blending! The word "happy" uses a stamp from Papertrey Ink's Sentiment Staples: Birthday stamp set and is stamped on a scrap of the same light gray cardstock and cut down with my paper trimmer. 

We'd love to see your birthday creations in our gallery this month.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

3 comments:

  1. I knew I recognized that stencil! It's hard to blend small areas without tiny brushes... you did a great job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have taken a little bit of thinking. It turned out so beautifully to my eyes. I know that with each comment I'm running out of words to tell you that I Iove your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.