Monday 19 September 2022

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #491

I'm a bit late in posting today. I spent most of my day watching the Queen's funeral. I didn't actually get up at 2am. I PVRd the show. However, I did get up at 6am, so I started watching then. This afternoon, I went back to watch the beginning. I loved all the pageantry and uniforms. Everything seemed so well planned and executed. RIP your majesty!

It's Monday so that it means we have a new sketch for you at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge


Here's my take on the sketch


I started with the multi-colored chevron patterned paper. I matched up some Concord & 9's inks to the patterned paper - Honeysuckle, Oceanside and Parsley. I inked up some white cardstock with the inks using oval ink blending brushes. I stamped the silhouette using Gina K Design's Wild Blossoms stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I then die cut the cardstock with a Sizzix circle die. I then cut a 2 1/8" x 3 1/4" navy blue piece of cardstock. I heat embossed the sentiment on the navy blue cardstock using Clearly Besotted's Sentimental Type and silver embossing powder. I glued the focal image circle to the navy cardstock. I used the Oceanside and Parsley inks to ink blend white cardstock, creating the two vertical strips. I glued them to a A2 sized piece of the patterned paper and then adhered the navy rectangle in place. To complete the card, I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.