Tuesday 20 September 2022

Try Stampin' On Tuesday ~ Challenge #574

I was supposed to work yesterday. However, with Queen Elizabeth II's funeral being held, we were given the day off to watch the funeral (which happened to come on at 2am). No, I did not get up at 2am to watch. I PVRd it and watched it when I got up. It's heartwarming and amazing to see how many people lined up to attend her majesty's lying-in-state at the Palace of Westminster. She was an incredible monarch doing a difficult job and doing it with such grace and poise. 

We have a new challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday


I tried to use both the technique and sketch on my card. I rotated the sketch.


I started with an A2 sized piece of white cardstock. I then used my Make Art STAY-tion to hold my Simon Says STAMP's wave stencil and card panel in place with its magnets. I added color with distress inks - cracked pistachio, mermaid lagoon, salty ocean, peacock feathers, applied 'carefully' with ink daubers. I say 'carefully' because I'm not a fan of Pixie Spray to hold the thin stencil lines in place. I then stamped five fish using The Alley Way's Castaways and Sea Mates stamp set and Simon Says STAMP's Best Fishes stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I added color with Copic markers - B02, BG05, BG13, R32, R37, V12, Y06, Y17, Y38, YG06, YR04. I then fussy cut the fish and added glossy accents to their eyes (at least, those where their eyes were open - LOL!) The sentiment using a stamp from Sunny Studio's Oceans of Joy stamp set is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink on some white cardstock and then trimmed to a strip. I arranged all the pieces and glued them in place and then adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

We'd love to see either how you're inspired by our sketch or our listed technique or combine the two!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.