Tuesday 16 August 2022

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #436

Hi Crafty Friends! It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! For the next fortnight, our challenge will be


Make Your Mark challenges mean using paint, ink, markers, colored pencils, pastels - anything that makes a mark! Here's my card


I started this card by inking up some 140 lb Strathmore watercolour paper with Zig Clean Color Real Markers - Orange, Pink, Red. I scribbled the colours randomly on the watercolour paper and then spritzed generously with water so that the colours blended. I let the watercolour paper dry naturally. It ended up a bit warped so I placed it under some heavy books and that flattened it out quite nicely. I then die cut the watercolour paper with Simon Says STAMP's Butterfly Tendrils die. I felt that the colours would pop best o a black background. For the sentiment, I used Simon Says STAMP's Furry Cat and Box stamp set and WOW's Rose Gold embossing powder on black cardstock. I used a Sizzix circle die to die cut the sentiment. To make the sentiment circle pop against the black background, I die cut a scrap of white cardstock with a Spellbinders Scalloped Circle Small Die as used it as a thin white scalloped background for the sentiment circle. I liked the way the thin scalloped circle looked behind the sentiment circle so I decided to trim down the panel that the die cuts were going to be attached to and cut a white rectangle, to create a thin white border. I adhered the elements to the central black panel, which was glued to the white rectangle, which in turn was adhered to a black A2 card panel. As a final step, the black A2 card panel was glued to a white A2 card base. 

We'd love to see how you make your mark this fortnight. Please add your creations to our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.