Monday 21 March 2022

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #465

Well, it's still Monday here on the Wet Coast (yup, it's raining again) so I'm here with a new challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge


I was kind of inspired by the grid of the background. Here's my card


I started with STAMPlorations ARTplorations Just Plaid stencil and spun sugar, shaded lilac and tumbled glass distress inks applied with oval ink blending brushes. I trimmed the panel to 4 1/8" x 4 1/8". I picked up some teal/blue cardstock and created a fish tail banner with it. I stamped the sentiment, off to the left using Clearly Besotted's A Little Sentimental stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I made a "faux" bow with some white grosgrain ribbon. This isn't a real bow but rather a 1.5" piece of ribbon, where the ends are cut on angles. This ribbon is placed inside a loop, which is tightened to look like a bow, without the bulk of a real bow. The ends were adhered behind the fish tail banner. The banner was attached to the plaid panel and the plaid panel was attached to a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" piece of the same teal/blue cardstock to complete the card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch this week.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.