Tuesday 18 August 2020

Cupcake Inspirations ~ Challenge #500 SPOTLIGHT - Crafty Scrappers and Gerda Steiner Designs

It's another day of celebrating the 500th challenge at Cupcake Inspirations


Today, the spotlight is on our sponsors Crafty Scrappers and Gerda Steiner Designs who have generously supplied prizes for our celebration.

I'm using a digital sentiment from Crafty Scrappers' Ms. Cupcake stamp set for my card.



First of all, did you know that you can watercolour with digital stamps? I did not, until I watched an informative video by Ishani here where she demonstrates some clever ways to use digital stamps. Well, I just had to try it out myself. I started by applying my static powder bag over a piece of watercolour paper. After sizing the digital image, I printed it out onto watercolour paper with my inkjet printer. Right away, I added clear embossing powder and heat set it with my heat tool. I have yet to master the technique of heat setting without warping the paper. I placed the panel under some stacks of paper to flatten it out. To add colour, I used distress inks - cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, shaded lilac applied with a water brush. I added a few sequins for a bit of sparkle.

Hope this is something you might try yourself. It's a nice option for working with digital images. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. You have no clue, how I landed here and am blushing reading that you tagged me. It's a beautiful card Sue and am honoured that you shared about my video, am so thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good topic, similar texts are I do not know if they are as good as your work out. These you will then see the most important thing, the application provides you a website a powerful important internet page: blog comment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.