Sunday 17 June 2018

Muse Challenge #270

Like the post before this, I'm rushing to finish my card and post it here on my blog. I started it last Wednesday. Where does the time go? I had such good intentions with this card, started it early BUT I just finished it. I need to complete the cards when I start them and post them here on my blog, right away! It's time for a new challenge at Muse Challenge. This week's Muse card was created by Tracey McNeely



I was inspired by:

  • the floral arrangement with greenery
  • the pink and green color scheme
  • a birthday sentiment stamped on white, popped up
  • gray card panel, colored with colored pencils 


Here's my card


I started with WPlus9's Beautiful Bouquets: Dahlias stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink on a gray card panel. I added color with colored pencils (or as us Canadians refer to them, as pencil crayons). For the flowers, I used three shades of pink and colored over them with white to blend the colors. For the leaves, I used two shades of green. I found the coloring to be very relaxing. Might just ink up some more panels and color them. The sentiment, stamped on a scrap of white cardstock, is from Simon Says STAMP Birthday Messages. The sentiment strip is popped up with dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how that happens, your bouquet is lovely as is your soft pencil colouring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.