Sunday 29 November 2015

STAMPlorations November Challenge - Theme

I was inspired by the current them challenge at STAMPlorations

Here's my card



The theme is "stamps and newsprint".  I found a scrap piece of printed paper from Stampin Up. I found that the printing was too "strong" and felt that any stamping would be out-competed by the print. So, I took out some gesso (I bought it many months ago but was hesitant to give it a try, because it's messy!) and applied it with a make-up applicator to tone down the print. I let it dry and then stamped on top with this STAMPlorations stamp set. I tore the newsprint paper to give it a worn look.


The sentiment is from this STAMPlorations stamp set



Thank you STAMPlorations for the nudge to try something new (gesso). Even if it was a bit messy, I think that I may try it again.

Thanks for visiting
sue

2 comments:

  1. I love those leaves stamped on the text patterned paper! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic card! Love your stamping. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.