Thursday 5 November 2015

Retro Rubber Challenge #26

Here's my card





It's for the current challenge at Retro Rubber

Challange 26

I started by stamping using the image from Stampin Up's Upsy Daisy. Then, I punched a 1" circle from a post-it (including the sticky part) to use as a mask. I inked up the card front with distress inks (dusty concord and chipped sapphire) using ink blending tools. I removed the mask and didn't like the stark white, so added some mustard seed to the sun/moon. I trimmed the card front, matted with black and added the three small circles. I attached this to a kraft card and added a sentiment.

Thanks for visiting
sue
 

7 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, I love the background, your blending is great and the sun/moon..very clever. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. I love your background. Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upsy Daisy is a wonderful old Stampin' Up! stamp image! I haven't used it in quite awhile but you have just inspired me to bring it out for inking. Love the color shading. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Hope to see you play with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS rendition of the sketch! Love the inking technique and how well you blended the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upsy Daisy was one of the very first stamps I had and still love it today. You made a great card for loved one! Colors are perfectly done. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You did a great job with this card and sketch! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello: I just love, love the sponged sky, it's so beautiful with that bright moon and the silhouette flowers, so lovely.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.