Friday 31 March 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ April Watercolour Challenge

April? Really? It's already April? Yikes, the months sure are flying by. It's time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge


Here's my card


For my card, I was inspired by Gina K of Gina K Designs


I scribbled on an A2 140 lb Strathmore watercolour panel with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers - Light Blue, May Green Cornflower Blue, Cobalt Blue, Light Green. I spritzed the panel with water to get the colours to blend and "move". I repeated the process a couple of times, letting the inks dry between attempts, until I was happy with the result. I let the panel dry. I then die cut using the inked panel with a Gina K Design's Botanical Duo die. I adhered the die cut to a 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" piece of black cardstock. I like how the die cut pops against the black background. I added a thin white mat and then adhered everything to a dark gray A2 card panel. For the sentiment, I heat embossed with silver embossing powder the sentiment using Simon Says STAMP's Bouquet of Thanks stamp set. To complete the card, I adhered the gray panel to a white A2 card base.

We'd love to have you join us this month. Looking forward to seeing your watercolour cards in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Great take on Gina's cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought the diecut was embedded into the black card front panel until I read your process! Sympathy cards are the most difficult to get right. It's a beautiful card Sue. LynB xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sue. I love the gorgeous colours and how they pop on the black background! Super eye-catching!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.