Tuesday 22 November 2022

Try Stampin' On Tuesday ~ Challenge #584

It's Tuesday which can only mean that it's time for a new challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Here's our challenge


We've also paired with Double Trouble Paper Crafting

Thing 1: Trouble Maker 

says, "Wow! We missed National Trail Mix Day. Trail Mix, aka GORP (a mix of certain cereals, nuts, pretzels, raisins, dried fruits, M&Ms, etc.).  Sounds yummy, but we have a yummy trail mix for Scrapper's GORP.   

"Do you remember way back years ago when you didn't mix plaids, stripes, checks, flowers and polka dots. Not true today... This is our recipe for Scrapper's GORP.  Look through your stash for stamps, stencils, patterned papers, washi tape, etc., to find at least two or more of the ingredients in our Scrapper's Gorp and include them on your project... it's your choice of ingredients."

You may OPT to use Try Stampin' on Tuesday's sketch to the right - or not, but this is a perfect sketch for our Scrapper's GORP and if you use this sketch you will earn two chances in our random draw. 

You can stop here... 
OR  
Play with Twisted Sister's optional twist below to earn another chance in our random draw. 

Thing 3:  Twisted Sister 
says, "I love mixing patterns.  You'll find me in a polka dot striped Shirt, floral pants and a plaid hat.  There are so many things that I have to mix and piece together.  

"Have you ever tried paper piecing technique? It can be a lot of fun!  Here is a YouTube tutorial that may help you with this technique MFT Tips & Tricks - Paper  Piecing.  Include an image(s) and show us your piecing skills.  

Optional Twist:  If you have included paper piecing in your project you will earn another chance in our Random Draw.

Thing 2:  Double Dare 
says, "If you have met Thing 1's requirement 'Scrapper's Gorp, and used the TSOT's sketch, with or without piecing, you are eligible to enter your project HERE  at Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch Challenge #584 for an additional chance at our random draw. 

Here's my card


For my card, I followed the sketch. I started by inking up some 96 lb bristol with distress inks (picked raspberry, mustard seed, carved pumpkin) and a paint brush with some water. I let the panel dry and die cut using My Favorite Things Die-Namics Oh Thank You die. I also die cut the gray label using a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 die and die cut the center out with My Favorite Things Die-Namics Oh Thank You die, being sure to save all the little bits! I chose a yellow A2 card panel and a scrap of patterned paper that used some of the same colors, which I cut into a strip to follow the sketch. I adhered the strip into place. I did some inlaid die cutting - placing the colorful die cut in the spaces of the gray label die cut and added all the little bits, adhering it all to the yellow card panel. To complete my card, I adhered it to a white A2 card base.

We'd love to see your creations in our gallery. Will you choose the technique or will you choose the sketch or will you do both?

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.