Tuesday 5 April 2022

Try Stampin' On Tuesday ~ Challenge #550

It's Tuesday and time for a new challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Our challenge sketch is

Here's my card


For my card, I used a mirror-image of the sketch. To make this card, I made a mask using a Waffle Flower's A2 Layers die and a post-it note. I applied the mask in the upper left corner and added color with oval ink blending brushes and distress inks - salty ocean, peacock feathers, mowed lawn. I carefully removed the mask and stamped the silhouette using Gina K Designs' Friendly Silhouettes stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I like how it looked when parts of the stamped image extend beyond the inked rectangle. For the sentiment on black, I heat embossed with white embossing powder on black, the sentiment from the same stamp set. I then die cut the sentiment using a My Favorite Things Skinny Strips die. I also stamped the word "enjoy" using Paper Smooches Birthday Sampler stamp set on a scrap of light blue cardstock. I then die cut it using a Sizzix circle die. I adhered both sentiment elements to the card panel, which I then adhered to a white A2 card base to complete the card. 

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite designs is inking a masked area & stamping a silhouette image. You've shown it to perfection with this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, your card is so pretty! I love how you used ink blending for the background of your silhouette images! Great card!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.