Friday 30 November 2018

Rainbow Card Challenge: Design Team Call

I love a good card challenge - one that makes me think, that pushes me outside my comfort zone; that encourages me to try new things. Well, my crafty friend Mynn Kitchen has a new challenge blog here


For this design team call, we've been asked to create a monochromatic card. I'm thinking that the minimal usage of "neutrals" would be allowed - at least, I hope so.

Here's my card



Mynn provided an inspiration board. 



I was inspired by the blue colors and the mittens. I stamped the mittens with strings using Poppy Stamps' Dreaming of a White Christmas stamp set with Versamark ink. I used clear embossing powder which I heat set. I added color with Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils. I like the look of lighter colored pencils on dark cardstock. The sentiment from Newton's Nook Designs' Stylish Stockings stamp set which was heat set using silver embossing powder. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

2 comments:

  1. Sue, this is totally darling! I LOVE the monochrome blue and all the shine you created on this one layer creation! Thank you for joining in our DT call at The Rainbow Card Challenge! We will let you know soon about our decision! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card - perfectly monochrome and perfect for our DT Call at The Rainbow Card Challenge - thanks for taking part - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.