Saturday 12 August 2017

Stamp Nation - Christmas Card Challenge #5 - Plaid

There was a time before the MISTI, that I used border stamps to carefully try to create my own plaid paper. This process is much easier using Echo Park's Magic Plaid Stencil. I used the stencil and applied colour using Distress inks (lucky clover and candied apple) with ink blending tools. I have found that the results are better when the colours are applied randomly. My logical brain thought that keeping the colours in the straight lines would work better - it didn't, in my opinion! The sentiment is from Avery Elle's Retro Ornaments stamp set. I added a few sequins for some shine and a glimmery ribbon to complete the card.


Thanks for visiting
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.